Terms of Reference of the Ethics Review Committee for Social Sciences and Humanities (ERCSSH)
1. The ERCSSH will assess research proposals/projects submitted to the Committee for review in accordance with the standard National and International guidelines to determine their acceptability on matters of ethics.
2. The ERCSSH will accept for review social research proposals from both the Faculty’s staff and its students. It will also accept for review social research proposals submitted by the researchers outside the Faculty/University whenever appropriate.
3. Ethics review should be conducted at the earliest stage of research. The proposals can be submitted to the ERCSSH for review when a proposal has been finalized for the purpose of conducting the research.
4. The ERCSSH gives written approval for such proposals in the form of minutes and the candidate will be informed by a formal letter of approval or disapproval of his/her proposal.
5. The ERCSSH will accept for re-consideration revised proposals within a given time frame, as proposed by the Committee.
6. The ERCSSH will consult the researcher and clarify any complaints referred to the Committee.