International Forum for Mathematical Modeling 2014
The first ever International Forum for Mathematical Modeling 2014 organized by Research and Development Center for Mathematical Modeling attached to Department of Mathematics, University of Colombo was held successfully from March 10th-24th, 2014. This was organized under the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Program) partnership program in collaboration with University of Kaiserslautern, Germany, Kathmandu University, Nepal, Institute of Technology Bandung, Indonesia and the Center for Computational Continuum Mechanics (C3M), Slovenia.
The program consisted of
- Two compact courses offered by faculty of University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Two day international conference held on 13th-14th March presided by the Governor of Central Bank of Sri Lanka, Mr. Ajith Nivard Cabraal. There was a tremendous response to ‘call for papers’ from local/international researches. More than 40 papers were submitted from countries Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nigeria and USA out of which 35 papers were accepted.
- A modeling week which attracted more than 40 participants from universities all around Sri Lanka
- Four workshops on different themes organized in collaboration with industry professionals
- Workshop on Introduction to Water Resources Modeling
- Workshop on Insurance and Actuarial Sciences
- Workshop on Financial Models
- Workshop on Scientific Computing
More than 30 Foreign and local resource persons from the industry and academics participated in these workshops.
- Mini-conference on Mathematical Modeling and Systems Approaches in Urban Health and Dengue in collaboration with Department of Clinical Medicine ,University of Colombo.
The whole program attracted more than 300 local and international participants and more than 60 local and international resource persons from industry and academics.