Ph.D (Col), MPhil (JNU), MA (Col), BA Hons (Jaf)
Coordinator, Masters in Economics Program
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone: +94 11 215 8475
- Macro Economics
- Public Finance
- Development Economics
- Research Methodology
- Principles of Marketing
- Internal displacement, resettlement and migration
- Poverty and inequality
- Amirthalingam, K (2011/2012) Financing Budget Deficits by Reducing the Debt Ratio and Raising the Tax Ratio, Economic Review, 37 (9 &10): 10-16, Dec, 2011/Jan, 2012,People’s Bank Sri Lanka
- Amirthalingam, K (2010) Why is VAT Not a ‘Money Machine’ in Sri Lanka? Sri Lanka Economic Journal, 11(2),pp.124-140
- Amirthalingam, K (2010) “Indirect Taxation In Sri Lanka: The Development Challenge“, Economic Review, 36 (7&8):11-15, Oct/Nov, Peoples Bank, Sri Lanka
- Amirthalingam, K. and R. W. D. Lakshman (2010), “Financing of Internal Displacement: Excerpts from the Sri Lankan Experience“, Disasters, 34(2), pp. 402-425.
- Amirthalingam, K. and R. W. D. Lakshman (2009), “Displaced livelihoods in Sri Lanka: An economics analysis“, Journal of Refugee Studies, 22(4), pp. 502-524.
- Amirthalingam, K. (2008) “Economic Liberalisation and its Impact on the Manufacturing Industry In Sri Lanka“, Sri Lanka Economic Journal, 9(2), pp. 31-52.
- Amirthalingam, K. (2008) “Social Development, Economic Growth and the Liberalization in Sri Lanka“, Sri Lanka Economic Journal, 8(2), pp. 1-20.
- Amirthalingam, K (2013) Taxation in Sri Lanka: Theory and Practice, Chemamadu Publishers, Colombo. IBSN : 978-9-5568-5019-2
- Amirthalingam, K.(2008) The Sri Lankan Economy, Poobalasingam Book Depot and Publishers, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Amirthalingam, K, D. Jayatilaka, R.W.D. Laskhman and N. Liyanage (2012), ‘Human Traffcking and Post-conflict Development: Risks and Emerging Trends in Sri Lanka’. The British Association for South Asian Studies (BASAS) Conference, SOAS Centre of South Asian Studies, University of London.
- Amirthalingam, K (2011) Increasing Tax Ratio in Sri Lanka: The Formidable Challenge of Future Development, 2011, International Conference on Taxation & Development in Sri Lanka, held in Colombo, Organised by Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka (IPS),Supported by International Centre for Taxation and Development (ICTD) of the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex, UK.
- Amirthalingam, Lakshman, R.W.D. and Jayatilaka, D (2011), “Victims of human trafficking in Sri Lanka: Narratives of Women, children and youth”, 2011 annual conference of International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE), held in Hangzhou, China.
- Amirthalingam, K. and R. W. D. Lakshman (2010), “Conflict, Livelihood and Poverty in Sri Lanka: A Gendered Economic Analysis”, 2010 annual conference of International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE), held in Buenos Aires, Agentina [fully funded by IAFFE]
- Amirthalingam, K., R. W. D. Lakshman, and M. Madurapperuma (2010), “Development induced displacement and relocation: IRLR model in practice” Annual conference of Canadian Association for Refugee and Forced Migration Studies (CARFMS) held in McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada [Funded by CARFMS]
- Amirthalingam, K., and R. W. D. Lakshman (2009), “Gendering Displacement: An Economic Analysis”, 2009 annual conference of International Association for Feminist Economics (IAFFE), held in Boston, USA.[funded by IAFFE]