PhD (Queensland), MSc. (AUN), MA, BA Honours (Colombo)
Telephone: +94 11 215 8484
- Environmental Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Business Economics
- Agricultural Economics
- Political Economy
- Environmental and Natural Resource
- EconomicsDevelopment and Agricultural Economics
- Tourism Economics and Ecotourism
- Sustainable Agriculture and Price Analysis
- Non-Market Valuation
- Poverty and Rural Development
- Entreprenureship Development
- Ranjith Bandara (2007) Insuring Farmers Against Wildlife Damage: Mixed Good Considerations and Sri Lankan Elephants as a Case, Sri Lanka Economic Journal 8:101-134
- Ranjith Bandara (2004). Economic value of Conservation: The Case of the Asian Elephant, South Asian Economic Journal 5:283-300.
- Ranjith Bandara and Clem Tisdell (2004). The Net Benefit of Saving the Asian Elephant: A Policy and Contingent Valuation Study, Ecological Economics 48: 93-107.
- Ranjith Bandara and Clem Tisdell (2003). Comparison of Rural and Urban Attitudes to the Conservation of Asian Elephants in Sri Lanka, Biological Conservation, 110: 327-342.
- Ranjith Bandara and Clem Tisdell (2002). Asian Elephants as Agricultural Pests: Economics of Control and Compensation in Sri Lanka. Natural Resource Journal, 42:491-519.
- Ranjith Bandara (2008) Practical Guide to Academic Writing, Karunarthne and Sons, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Ranjith Bandara (2008) Wildlife Based Recreation and Local Economic Development: A Survey, Karunarthne and Sons, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Ranjith Bandara (2008) The Elephant in Sri Lankan Society: History Revisited and Value Assessed, In S.M.P.Senanayake et al. Development Perspectives: Growth and Equity in Sri Lanka, Department of Economics, University of Colombo.
Annual Research Award -2006/2007
- Annual Research Award – 2006/2007 – The Academic Excellence in Research, University of Colombo