Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LL.B. Hons. (Colombo)
- LL.M. (Rotterdam)
- Ph.D. (Keele)
- Attorney –at-Law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka
- Staff and Educational Association of UK (SEDA) accredited lecturer
- Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (CTHE) course conducted by the Staff Development Centre, University of Colombo in December 2005
- Environmental law
- International law
- Human rights law
- Administrative law
- North-South dimension in environmental governance
- Non-state actor participation in international governance
- Justice, equity and fairness issues in global environmental governance
- International forest policies
- Cultural relativism and universality of human rights
Awards and Grants
- Sir Ponnambalam Arunachalam Memorial Prize 1999. (These two prizes are awarded for the best performance by considering the performance at the four examinations viz. Year I, II, III, IV)
- The Visuvalingam & Rajakunam Buvanasundaram Gold Medal for Bachelor of Laws 1999. (This Gold Medal is awarded for the best performance at the Year IV Examination in Laws.)
- P.D.H. Karunathilaka Memorial Prize for the best performance at the Year III Examination in Laws 1998.
- Keele Research Institute Scholarship(United Kingdom) in two consecutive years of 2007-08 and 2008-09
- National Centre for Advanced Studies in Humanities & Social Sciences (NCAS) Scholarship for the Ph.D. Proposal in September 2005.
- Legal and Judicial Reforms Project (World Bank) Scholarship in 2003 for postgraduate studies.
Involvement with Other Organizations
- Serves as a Course Director of the Postgraduate Diploma in Human Rights, conducted by the Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo.
- Serves as the Academic Coordinator of the Distant Learning Diploma Course on Human Rights Programme.
- Serves as the academic coordinator of Distant Learning Diploma for Prison Officers Programme, conducted by the Centre for the Study of Human Rights affiliated to the University of Colombo.
- A member of the University of Colombo Arts Council.
- Departmental Examination Coordinator, Department of Public and International Law, Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
- Member of the Environmental Committee, Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
- Member of the Research Committee, Faulty of Law, University of Colombo.
- Member of the Building Committee, Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
- Member of the Routing Matters committee, Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
- Member of the Curriculum Review Committee of the Faculty of Law, University of Colombo.
Executive and Other Positions on Boards of International, National Organizations
- Member of environment Working Group of British International Studies Association
- Member of the Bar Association of Sri Lanka
- Member of the Sri Lanka Federation of University Women
- “Bypassing the State for Its Own Good: The Role of NGOs in Voicing Southern Concerns in Global Environmental Governance” at the International Conference on Social studies in 2013 organised by the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- “How Global is Global Environmental Governance?” annual conference of British International Studies Association in Exeter University, United Kingdom in 2008
- “Environmental Governance: North-South Dimension” at the annual SOAS postgraduate conference in University of Hull, United Kingdom in January, 2008
- “Green Imperialism: North-South Dimension in Global Environmental Governance” at the annual postgraduate conference in Keele University, United Kingdom in September, 2007
- Mitigating North-South Participation Inequalities in Global Environmental Governance: Potential NGO Contribution, Ph.D. Thesis, under the supervision of Dr. Zoe Pearson and Prof. Tim Doyle, Keele University, United Kingdom, April, 2011
- South-North Environmentalism, Power of legitimacy and the GEF, LL.M. Dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Ellen Hey, Erasmus Law School, Rotterdam, Netherlands, May, 2004
Contributes as a research supervisor and a resource person to the
- Master of Laws,
- Master of Human Rights,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies and
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Rights Programmes
Currently supervises two Ph.D. thesis;
- one on An assessment of existing Sri Lankan legal regime on domestic elephant and Impact on elephantconservation in Sri Lanka and
- the other on Human Rights Education in Sri Lankan Schools: Critique & Future Directions.
- One of the outstanding achievements of her academic life is being the chief organizer in “Law Goes Green-2014”, the first environmental day organised by any Sri Lankan university ever. The project was primarily aimed at improving the environment around the Faculty and to inculcate a sense of responsibility and appreciation towards their environment among the undergraduates. Dr. Konasinghe, as the chief organizer of the project was successful in making a collaborative effort with the Central Environmental Authority, environmental non-governmental organizations, academic, non-academic and the entire student population of the Faculty of Law for making an effort to protect and promote the environment of the university.