PHONE : 0094 (0)112 68 86 86 / 0094 (0) 750966252
FAX 0094 (0)112 68 86 86
- B.Sc. (SL), Dip. Physiotherapy (SL).
- Lecturer in physiotherapy, AHSU, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo
- Academic sub warden, student Hostel, University of Colombo.
- Temporary tutor in physiotherapy,Allied health Sciences Unit
- Senior Physiotherpist, General Hospital, Chilaw (1995 to 2007)
- Factors affecting non adherence with home exercise prescribed by rehabilitation therapists for stroke patients discharged from the national hospital of Sri Lanka.
- The study of the role of Physiotherapist in the care of mentally ill in Sri Lanka.
- Coordinator, Applied Physiotherapy Stream, BSc Physiotherapy program, Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- Coordinator, Research Stream, BSc Physiotherapy program, Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- Member of Modules and Course Materials Developing Team of the AHS Unit.
- Member of the Panel of Authors for Faculty hand books in; Biomechanics and Kinesiology – 2007/2008/2009/2010, Hand Book of Physiotherapy Skills – 2007, Hand Book of Applied Exercise Science – 2008, Hand Book of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy – 2008/2009/2010/2011, Hand Book of Neurological Physiotherapy – 2008/2009/2010, Hand Book of cardiothoracic Physiotherapy – 2008/2009/2010,
- Member and Secretary Ethics review subcommittee of Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
COMMUNICATIONS AT SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS PUBLISHED AS ABSTRACTS
- Weerasinghe E, Jayawardana S, Dissanayake D,Factors affecting non adherence with home exercise prescribed by rehabilitation therapists for stroke patients discharged from the national hospital of Sri Lanka. Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo Annual Research Symposium, 2011; oral presentation
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Treasure, Sri Lanka Society of Physiotherapy,2011/2012
[A Member of World Confederation for Physiotherapists-WCPT]
RESEARCH/ELECTIVE STUDENT TRAINING/SUPERVISION
Physiotherapy Student Research Projects:
- Running injury patterns in the lower extremely in relation to age and gender: A survey of runners in sports ministry in Sri Lanka.
- Survey on outcomes measures used by physiotherapist for patients with low back pain in the state healthcare sector Sri lanka.
- Awareness about physical exercises as a method of prevention and management of type -2 Diabetic patients of Diabetic clinic at NHSL.
- Investigation of change in lumbar lordosis associated with pregnancy and the early post-natal period of pregnant mothers in De zoysa Maternity hospital, Colombo.
- A study of the knowledge of physiotherapy among the general public of Colombo district and matara district.
- A study on adherence of ethical issues related to physiotherapy practice in national Hospital of sri lanka.
- Complication associated with upper limb in patients using axillary crutches within three selected clinical settings
- Why do stroke patients select indigenous medication instead of being compliant with physiotherapy for rehabilitation in sri lanka.