- Karunanayake, Dinithi and Selvy Thiruchandran (eds.), (2011) Continuities and Departures: Essays on Sri Lankan Women’s Writing in English, Colombo: Vijitha Yapa.
- Karunanayake, Dinithi and Daniel Ringlod, (2010) Written Composition (A Study Guide), Colombo: Faculty of Arts, University of Colombo.
Book Chapters and web documents
- Karunanayake, Dinithi, (2009) “Rebellion, Momentary but Momentous?: (Re)presentations of Subaltern Women as Militants in Visakesa Chandrasekaram’s Forbidden Area, Charles Sarvan’s ‘Appointment with Rajiv Gandhi’”, Wimal Dissanayaka and the Communication World, K. Kumarasinge (ed.) Colombo: Godage & Bros. pp 533-555.
Refereed Journal articles
- Karunanayake, Dinithi, (2009) “Dismantling Theory? Agency and the Subaltern Woman in Mahasweta Devi’s ‘Draupadi’”, The University of Colombo Review Vol 1.2 (New Series). pp 54-65.
- Karunanayake, Dinithi, (2010) “The Empire Writing/Righting itself? : A Reading of Mulk Raj Anand’s Untouchable”’ Sri Lanka Journal of Humanities, XXXVI (Vol 1 & 2). pp 69-85.
- “Representations: The Postcolonial Woman Writer Narrating Third-World-Women and Trauma”, Twelfth National Convention, CENWOR, July 2010
- “Interventions?: Women, Development, Marginality and the Sri Lankan Woman Writer” 19th SAARC Writers Conference – Words, Cultures, Identities : South Asian Dialogues, New Delhi, India, 2007 March.
- “Modern Sri Lankan Literature” Translation Studies Workshop, Kolkata, India April 2007.
Karunanayake, D and Mendis, D, “Ensuring alignment of assessment tasks with course objectives and the curriculum.” Faculty of Arts Annual Research Sessions, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, December 2006.
- Joint Poster Presentation at SDC – SLAIHEE Conference on Improving Higher Education Effectiveness in Sri Lanka, 2005. Title: “Improving the Quality of Learning by Teaching through Incomplete Handouts”.
- Co-presenter at a British Council sponsored conference on English for Academic Purposes, 2001. Title of paper: ‘English for Professional Purposes’