PHONE 0094 (0)112 68 86 86
FAX 0094 (0)112 68 86 95
- B.Sc. in Physiotherapy (Hon’s) Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (2011)
- Certificate in Teaching and Higher Education (CTHE) with SEDA (Staff and Education Development Association, UK) accreditation, Staff Development Centre, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (2015)
- Diploma in Pharmacy Management and Practice, Aquinas College of higher studies (2011)
- Diploma in English for Employment, English Language Teaching Unit, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Ruhuna (2008)
- Diploma in Computer Programming, Technical Engineering College Sri Lanka (2002)
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy: Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (April 2013 – to date)
- Demonstrator: Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of medicine university of Colombo, Sri Lanka (October 2011 to April 2013)
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy: International Institute of Health Science, Welisara, Sri Lanka (May to October 2011)
- Physiotherapist (Part time): Hemas Hospital, Wattala, Sri Lanka (May 2012- October 2013)
- Banking Assistant Trainee: People’s Bank (2005)
- Sri Lanka Medical Council Registered Physiotherapist
- Member of Sri Lanka Society of Physiotherapy
- Member of Faculty of Medicine Teacher’s Association
1. Kalyani H.H.N, Dassanayake S, Senarath U “Effects of paraplegia on quality of life and family economy among patients with spinal cord injuries in selected hospitals of Sri Lanka”, Journal of Spinal Cord
2. Kalyani H.H.N, Dassanayake S, Senarath U “Effects of paraplegia caused by spinal cord injuries on an individual’s functional independency among patients admitted to rehabilitation hospital Ragama and National Hospital of Sri Lanka”, Indian Journal of Physical Therapy.
3. Kalyani H.H.N, Thanthrige R.S “Health related quality of life among patients with Parkinson’s disease attending the Institute of Neurology, National Hospital of Sri Lanka”, Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.
Papers Presented at Scientific Meetings
- Kalyani H.H.N, Senarath U, Dassanayake S, “Effect of paraplegia caused by spinal cord injuries on an individual’s functional independency, quality of life and family economy among patients admitted to National Hospital of Sri Lanka and Rehabilitation Hospital Ragama” (2010)
– 10th Asian Spinal Cord Network International Conference on spinal cord injuries (21st to 23rd October 2012)
– Annual Student Research Symposium, 2011: Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- Kalyani H.H.N, Dassanayake S “Effect of stroke on an individual’s functional independency, quality of life and family economy among patients admitted to Institute of Neurology National Hospital Sri Lanka” (2011)
– 8th World Stroke Congress held in Brasilia, Brazil, October 10 – 13, 2012.
– 125th Anniversary of International Medical Congress 2012, Sri Lanka Medical Association on July 2012
- Kalyani H.H.N, Thanthrige R, Gamage R “To assess the level of functional impairment among patients with Parkinson’s disease attending the Institute of Neurology, National Hospital of Sri Lanka” (2013)
– Singapore International Physiotherapy Congress 2014 (1 May 1-4 2014, Singapore)
- Kalyani H.H.N, J.S.D Peiris, M Rajkaran, J Wanigasinghe: “Balance functions of children with Down’s Syndrome attending selected paediatric clinical settings in Colombo district, Sri Lanka”
– 14th International Child Neurology Congress from May 1st – 5th, 2016 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Lecture on “Physiotherapy for common non-cancer pain” at 128th Anniversary International Medical Congress of the Sri Lanka Medical Association 5th – 8th July 2015
- Lecture on “Physiotherapy Management in Stroke” for nursing staff, organized by Non Communicable Disease Unit of the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka – November 2015