PHONE – 0094 (0)112 68 86 86 / 0094 (0) 772321224
FAX – 0094 (0)112 68 86 95
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy – Second Class Upper Honours – 2011 Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Certificate of Teaching in Higher Education (CTHE) – 2015, Saff Develpoement Centre, University of Colombo with SEDA (Staff and Education Development Association, UK) accreditation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Development – 2013 Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo
- Certificate course in Tamil Language – 2008 National Youth Services Council, Maharagama, Sri Lanka. 2008
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy at Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine University of Colombo, Sri Lanka (May 2013 – to date)
- Demonstrator, Allied Health Science Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo (Oct 2011 – April 2013)
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy at International Institute of Health Sciences, Welisara (May 2011 – August 2011)
- Trainee Staff Assistant, Bank of Ceylon 2nd City Branch Kurunegala (2005)
- Physiotherapist in clinics conducted by the Allied Health Sciences Unit; MOH clinic for elderly Kotte, Blind School, Rathmalana, Mallika Homes for elderly, Colombo 4, Paediatric Physiotherapy Clinic, Lady Ridgeway Hospital, Colombo
- Co-ordinating and conducting exercise programmes for the staff of Castle Street Hospital for Women
- Committee member – Sri Lanka Society of Physiotherapy (2014 – 2015)
- Committee member – Library committee, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo ( June 2013 – February 2016)
- Committee member – Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo (2014)
Jayalath JLR, Dissanayake MM, Dassanayake TDMSB. Gait variations with people with knee osteoarthritis, A controlled study. International Journal of Physiotherapy and Research. 2014 vol 2(5), 677 – 680.
Communications at Scientific meetings
- Jayalath JLR, Dissanayake MM, Dassanayake TDMSB. “ Comparison of gait variables in a control group and in patients with knee Osteoarthritis at National Hospital Sri Lanka”
– Poster presentation at 27th Annual Conference of Indian Rheumatology Association (Iracon 2011 – CMC Vellore) December 2011 at Vellore, India.
– Poster presentation at Annual Student Research Symposium 2011. Allied Health Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo
– Poster presentation at 125th Anniversary International Medical Congress of the Sri Lanka Medical Association , Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Jayalath JLR, Jayawardena DGHSK. Survey on the prevalence of back pain, its related disability and common treatment methods use by back pain victims at Thimbirigasyaya secretarial division, Colombo district, Sri Lanka.
– Oral presentation at 44th Annual Academic Sessions of the Asia Pacific Academic Consortium of Public Health (APACPH), 14-17th October 2012, Colombo, Sri Lanka
– Oral presentation at Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo. 2012
- Senevirathne S A A, Jayalath J L R, Wasalathanthri S. Is fear of falls a reliable predictor of true risk of falls in postmenopausal women?
– Oral presentation at Annual academic sessions of Menopause society, Sri Lanka.2014
– Oral presentation at Inaugural academic sessions, Sri Lankan Association of Geriatric Medicine, 2014.
Current undergoing Research
“Pattern of Computer, Internet and Facebook use and associated psychosocial wellbeing and academic performance of Physiotherapy undergraduate students
Human movement analysis / Musculoskeletal physiotherapy
Invited speaker for the World Physiotherapy Day commemoration 2015, organized by the AHSU, University of Colombo.