Telephone: 0112504734 (Office)
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor of Education ( Colombo )
- Master of Philosophy ( Colombo )
- Doctor of Philosophy ( Colombo )
- Educational Measurement and Assessment
- Educational and Psychological Testing
- Educational Psychology
- Assessment in Counseling
- Educational Statistics
- Research Methods
Areas of Research Interests
- Educational and Psychological Test Construction
- Measurement and Assessment in Education and Psychology
- Self-concept Development
Executive and other positions on the boards of international, national Organizations
- Member of Sri Lanka evaluation Association.
- 2004 . Educational Review -2 . ISBN 955-96901 -1-6, Homagama.
- 2009 . Educational Review -3 . ISBN 978-955-96901-2-2,Homagama.
- 2004. Inferential Statistics for Educational and Psychological Research (Sinhala). Sara Publishers, Kottawa.ISBN 955-584-449-6.
- 2009. Descriptive Educational Statistics (Sinhala). Author publication.ISBN 978-955-96901-3-9.
- 1995. Methods of assessing construct validity of psychological tests(Sinhala). Adyapana No. 25 ; (Journal of the National Education Society of Sri Lanka ), 72-81.
- 1999. Self-concept and its nature(Sinhala). Adyapana Manovidya sangrahaya . Dr. Raja Gunawardhana and Mr. R. Abeypala (Eds). 137-154. Sara Publishers, Kottawa.
- 2000. Reliability of test scores. Education Review. 1 (Sinhala). Chandradasa (Ed.). 77- 98.
- 2000. Self-esteem and Education.(Sinhala) Development in Education 25 th Anniversary Volume. 63-73, Faculty of Education, University of Colombo .
- 2006. Reporting the results of inferential statistic analysis.(Sinhala) Adyapanay (Journal of National Education Society) No. 37 ” . 51-65.
- 2006. A review of the learning theories of Thorndike, Wotson, Pavlow and Skinner: Behavioristic Psychologists(Sinhala) Adyapana ( Journal of National Education Society) No. 39 3-24.
- 2007. Self-confidence for the development Adyapana Prathiba(Sinhala). 60-63 An Publication of the Arts Circle Of The B.Ed Students, Faculty of Education, University of Colombo
- 2008 Effect of self concept on learning achievements Adyapana Prathiba (Sinhala). 44-52. An Publication of the Arts Circle Of The B.Ed Students, Faculty of Education, University of Colombo
- 2009 . Effect of teacher expectations on students learning Adyapana Sanvada (Sinhala). Chandana Kasthuriarachchi(Ed.) Faculty of Education , University of Colombo . 52-73.
- 2009 . Piaget’s views on intelligence and its development. Pranamapuja (Sinhala). Wimal Hewamanage(Ed). 113-132.
- 2000.The Influence of school performance measures on Academic Self-Concept A paper presented at the Annual Academic Sessions- 2000. Faculty of Education, University of Colombo .
- 2007. Problems confronted by exam oriented education. A paper presented at the Symposium on Quality Improvement in School education Organized by the Ministry of Education in collaboration with the Faculty of Education and other Universities in Sri Lanka , July 17,18 and 19, 2007.
- 2008. Construction and standardization of An Academic Self-Concept scale.
- A paper presented at the Annual Research Symposium conducted by the University of Colombo 2008.
- 2008. Out of School Children in Sri Lanka . A paper presented at NUEPA India.
Unpublished Thesis titles
- 1996. Construction and Validation of A Self-concept Measuring Instrument for Sri Lankan secondary level school children.(Sinhala) M.Phil Thesis
- 2005. An study on the relationship between self-concept of Academic Ability and academic achievement measures and the frame of reference effect on it. Ph.D Thesis.
- 1991. Internal Evaluation of Matara Education Development Project , conducted by the Faculty of Education, University of Colombo .
- 2000. Tracer Study of Technical College Graduates 1999/2000 , conducted by the Department of Census and Statistics and The National Educational Research and Evaluation Center , Faculty of Education.
- 2003. The Implementation of School Based Assessment in Post Primary Classes conducted by The National Educational Research and Evaluation Centre, University of Colombo.
- 2005. Construction and validation of a general ability test battery for the students in the age group 10-18 year in the school system of Sri Lanka , Conducted by The National Educational Research and Evaluation Centre, University of Colombo
- 2007. National Assessment of Achievement of grade 8 students in Sri Lanka conducted by The National Educational Research and Evaluation centre. University of Colombo .
- 2009. Mapping Out of School Children (in selected sample of 14 district in Sri Lanka) conducted by The National Educational Research and Evaluation Centre, University of Colombo.
- 2009. National Assessment of Achievement of Grade 4 students in Sri Lanka conducted by The National Educational Research and Evaluation Centre. University of Colombo .
Departmental and University Activities and Responsibilities
- The Dean of the Faculty
- Course coordinator –Bachelor of Education part III
- Course coordinator –Master of Education (Educational and Developmental psychology) (Full Time)
- Senior Treasurer of the Education Faculty Students Union
- A Member of the management committee of the Day Care centre, University of Colombo .
- 2003/M.Phil/T 03 – Ms H.H.A.S.J. Wevegedara. A critical study to assess the extent to which school based assessment procedure is successfully used in learning teaching process in junior secondary classrooms.
- 2004/M.Phil/15 – Ms. M.D.V.N. Gunathilaka. A study Based on the conduct of School Based Assessment procedure in 12-13 grades of Sri Lankan school system and the merits and demerits of it.
- 2006/M.Phil/13 / -Mr D. Keppitigoda. Teachers’ use of Motivational Strategies Students’ Motivational beliefs and Cognitive strategies in the classroom academic Performance.
- 2004/M.Ed/PT/P12 – Ms. M. Cleda Kanthi. A study based on the use of school based assessment procedure in Biology at the GCE (A/L) in the Kuliyapitiya Education District.
- 2004/M.Ed/FT/P16 – Mr. M.A.P. Munasinghe. A study to assess the performance of school based assessment procedure at the key stage three of the primary school curriculum .
- 2004/M.Ed/PT/S5 – U.N. Ranawaka. A study based on the factors that contribute to occupational satisfaction of teachers in Government Schools.
- 2004/M.Ed/FT/P22 – Ms. K.G. Sirimawathie. A study to assess the performance of school based assessment at the 9 th grade level of junior secondary level school.
- 2004/M.Ed/PT/P14 – Mr. G.G.P.P. Kumara. A study to assess the performance of School Based assessment in the subjects of social studies and History at GCE (O/L).