BA Honours (Colombo)
Telephone: +94 112158474 , +94 779276300
- Advanced Statistics
- Business Environment
- Labour in developed and Developing countries (at the IHRA)
- Labour Market
- Mahinda, T. A. (2002) “Effectiveness of Samurdhi Programm as a poverty reduction strategy in Sri Lanka” SPARC working paper .
- Mahinda, T. A. (2008) “Pattern of the television viewing behavior of the School-Going Children in different socio economic groups” SPARC working paper.
- * Received a research grant from Inter University Research and Training Program on Poverty Analysis and Social Integration (PASI) organized by IMCAP (Improving Capacity for Poverty Research) University of Colombo to do a research on the assessment of Samurdhi Program as a Poverty Reduction Strategy in Sri Lanka in 2003.
- * Received research grant from the Social Policy Analysis and Research Center at University of Colombo to do a study on child vulnerability in Sri Lanka in 2007.
- “Labour Turnover Patterns and Its implication on Socio Economics Security of the Employees in Sri Lanka”, on 16th July 2007 Seminar on Socio- Economics Security in Sri Lanka organised by ILO and SPARC.
- “Effectiveness of Samurdhi Programm as a poverty reduction strategy in Sri Lanka”, Seminar organized by Centre for Poverty Analysis and SPARC.
- Household Survey on Socio-Economic Security in Sri Lanka and Enterprises Labour Flexibility and Security Survey conducted by the SPARC, the University of Colombo. These two surveys were conducted as part of an international study coordinated & financed by the International Labour Organization (ILO) under its Socio-Economics Security Programme.2006
- Household Survey on Demand for IT based services: e-Sri Lanka initiative sponsored project, 2004.
- Sample Survey on Demand for Tele-centre Services by Rural Sri Lankans: e-Sri Lanka initiative sponsored project, 2003. Both demand for Tele-centre services and supply of such services are examined. A consumer survey and a survey of Tele-service providing private institutes.
- Sample Survey on Regulatory Impediments and Transaction Costs: ADB project, 2001. A baseline survey to gather information regarding regulatory impediments and transaction costs of enterprise development in Sri Lanka.
- Sample Survey on Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in Sri Lanka: Funded by ADB, 2001. This Survey was conducted in three districts in Sri Lanka, Colombo, Kurunegala and Putlam.