PhD (JNU), MSc. (AIT), MA, BA Honours (Colombo)
Telephone: +94 11 2918602
- Public Finance
- Micro Economics
- Welfare Economics
- Decentralization and development
- Trade and development
- Taxation and public financial policies
- Neo Liberal Policies and Macro Economics
- Informal Sector Economy
- Fiscal policy and Macro Economic impact
- Black Economy
Resea rch Articles/ Books /Reports
- Decentralization and Development: An Alternative Strategy for Rural Development, December 2000, Working Paper, ISS-UC Project, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- VAT instead of GST, September 2002, Vimukthi Magazine, Social and Economic Development Centre, 133, Kynsey Road, Colombo 08, Sri Lanka. Open Path: Rural Non Farm Activities – The Case Study of Monaragala District (2003), Working Paper No 06, MONDEP Formative Process Research Project, University of Colombo 03 (Co-Authors (S. M. P. Senanayake and S. P. Premarathna).
- Power Decentralization in Rural & Regional Development of Sri Lanka, April/June 2003, Volume 29, Economic Review, People’s Bank, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka.
- The Current Budgetary Policy: Goals, Strategies and Tasks, February, March 2009, Volume 34, Economic Review, People’s Bank, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka.
- Neo Liberal Policy Impact on Plantation Agriculture in Sri Lanka (2011), Agriculture and Rural Development in Sri Lanka, Felicitation Volume in Honor of Prof. S.M.P. Senanayake, eds by Rev. W. Wimalarathana, DRC, Department of Economics, University of Colombo, Thranjee Prints, High Level Rd, Nawina, Maharagama, Sri Lanka.
- Research Reports: Non-farm Growth Linkages in Moneragala District, Formative Evaluation of the MONDEP Phase II (1998 – 2003), Sri Lanka, Development Studies Institute, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The Black Economy (written in Sinhala Language), (a forthcoming book, December 2009).
- Macro Economics: Theory and Application, (written in Sinhala Language), (a forthcoming book, December 2010)
- Black Economy: The Hidden Dimension of an Economy (a forthcoming article)