Head, Department of Economics
PhD (Netherlands), MA(Colombo), BA Honours (Peradeniya)
(+94)112 158 463, (+94) 714 289 577
- Rural Development
- Comparative Economic Development
- World economic issues
- Sri Lankan Economy
- Rural Development
- Buddhism and Tourism
- Religion and Development
- Community Based Sustainable Tourism: A Case Study of the Moneragala District, Sri Lanka Journal of Agraian Studies, Vol.13, No1, 2009 [with D. A. C. Silva].
- Rural Crisis in Sri Lanka, Govikatayuthu Adhyayanaya, Vol.8, No.1, 2009.
- Inflation: Causes, Effects and Controls, Sri Lanka Economic Review, Vol. 34, No. 10, 2009.
- Budget Proposals and Domestic Agriculture, Sri Lanka Economic Review, Vol. 33, No. 10-12, 2008 [with T A. Dharmaratane].
- Benefits of Regional Economic Integration in the Global Age, Sri Lanka Economic Review, Vol. 30, No. 1-4, 2004.
- Buddhism and Poverty Reduction in Sri Lanka, Vivarana, Department of Buddhist Affairs, 2003.
Books, Book Sections, and Translations
- Inflation, Competitiveness and Growth – Global Fuel and Food Price Inflation and the Impact on the Domestic Economy, in A. D. V. De S. Indraratne, and S. Vidanagama (eds) Inflation, Competitiveness and Growth, Sri Lanka Economic Association, 2009.
- Rice Culture in British Ceylon in Lakshman Dissanayake and Edward Halpin (eds) Regional Development Perspectives, Kumaran Book House, Colombo – Chennai, 2009.
- Household Consumption in Olden Sri Lanka, in S.M.P. Senanayake, W. Wimalaratana, and A. de Silva, (eds) Growth and Equity in Sri Lanka, Department of Economics, University of Colombo, 2008.
- Household Consumption in Olden Sri Lanka; A chapter in Development Perspectives in A Festschrift in Honor of W.D. Lakshman, pp 311 – 345, Department of Economics, University of Colombo, 2008.
- Joseph Stiglitz, Globalization and Its Discontents, (Sinhala Translation) Translated into: Goliyakaranaya, 2007 [Co-author].
- Community Based Sustainable Development Tourism With Special Reference to Moneragala District, in Lanka, Olanda Publishers, Arawwala, 2006 [with D. A. C. Silva].
- Dudley Seers, What Are We Trying to Measure?, (Sinhala Translation) Translation into Api Kumak Menimata Theth Karamuda?, Vibhasha Translation, Colombo, 2004.
- Arhtika Sanwardhanaya, Ihtihasaya ha Nyaya, Arthika Upanathi, Department of Economics, University of Colombo, 2003.