Post of Quantity Surveyor
Post of Quantity Surveyor – on contract (02 positions)
The University of Colombo will entertain applications from suitably qualified persons for the above posts upto 26th February 2016.
01. (i) QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Should possess a BSc degree specializing in Quantity Surveying from a recognised University with a minimum of 2 years working experience;
- Should posses a NCT Quantity Surveying, HNDE, NDT or equivalent with at least three (03) years of experience in Quantity Surveying in a recognized establishment.
(ii) OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Age below 40 years up to closing date.
- Well experienced in taking measurements, taking-offs and preparation of BOQs, scrutinizing bills and measurements
This contract appointment will be renewable in yearly basis considering requirements of employer and merit performance of employee.
02. SALARY AND OTHER CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT :
Salary : minimum Rs. 35,000/= per month (negotiable)
The selected candidate will be a member of the Employees Provident Fund. He/She will contribute 8% of his/her monthly salary to the Employees Provident Fund and at the same time the employer will make a total contribution of 12% of his/her salary to the Employees Provident Fund. Three percent (3%) of the salary will be contributed by the University to the Employees’ Trust Fund in terms of the provisions of the Employees’ Trust Fund Act, No. 46 of 1980.
The other conditions of appointment will be in accordance with provisions of the Universities Act No. 16 of 1978, Universities (Amendment) Act No. 7 of 1985 and Universities (Amendment) Act No. 1 of 1995 and Ordinances, By-laws, Regulations and Rules, etc., made thereunder.
IMPORTANT: Applicants from Higher Educational Institutions, Government Departments and Government Corporations should apply through the Heads of such Institutions. Applications which do not conform to this requirement will be rejected. Such applicants are strongly advised to submit an advance copy to the address given below.
Duly completed applications should be forwarded with copies of relevant certificates under registered cover to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar/Academic Establishments, University of Colombo, 94, Cumaratunga Munidasa Mawatha, Colombo 03 on or before 26-02-2016. The post should be indicated on the top left-hand corner of the envelope.For Registrar.
94, Cumaratunga Munidasa Mawatha, Colombo 03.
15 February, 2016